With Jane Nisbet Huseby, owner of Chilean wine marketing firm Brandabout S.A., and professional wine writer Ben Weinberg of Wine On The Road, I have created the ultimate independent, behind-the-scenes trips to Chile for up-and-coming wine professionals.
These are on-site, intensive learning opportunities specifically designed for sommeliers, wine buyers and wholesalers who have shown potential and have indicated an intention to pursue a career in wine. Scheduled stops include the terroirs of Maipo, Aconcagua, Cachapoal, Colchagua, Curicó, Maule, Casablanca, San Antonio and the capital city of Santiago.
We believe that the ultimate way to learn about regional wines is to go to where they are made. The Chilean Terroir experience is uniquely designed to provide firsthand, in-depth access to wineries and wine makers who are setting the standards for the next generation of wine professionals. While we accept students from around the world, tours are conducted in English and are particularly oriented to students from the UK and USA.
- A primary focus on the next generation of wine professionals that promotes life-changing impact and influence
- On-site, intensive learning opportunities for up-and-coming sommeliers, wine buyers and wholesalers who have shown potential and have indicated an intention to pursue a career in wine
- One of a kind, behind the scenes tours of acclaimed wine estates selected for their distinctive expressions of local terroir and culture
- Up-close time with well-known winemakers and their exceptional wines
- Standard accommodation at hotels and wineries within wine country
- Optional activities including appointments with artisans who handcraft unique regional products
Price per person is US$2,000 based on single occupancy for between 6-8 paid attendees, land only, excluding airfare, gratuities, any additional time in South America or elsewhere, and other optional activities.
If you want help making your travel arrangements from the USA please email Jerry Kazzaz at Custom Travel Ltd. or call +1 (303) 333-5471. Custom Travel Ltd. is our trusted travel partner, and Jerry and his agents can help you book your airfare as well as any additional pre- or post-tour arrangements you may require. They can also assist you with airline reservations as well as travel insurance (which is recommended).
For additional information on these upcoming, educational wine tours download the Tour Introduction, Preliminary Itinerary and Booking Form or click on the appropriate email link (below). Program participants must also read and accept the additional terms and conditions. Subject to change without notice until tour is finalised prior to departure: