|Like many Port wine producers, Mackenzie’s had Scottish origins.
It was founded in 1852 by Kenneth Mackenzie, who came to Cádiz in Spain and established a sherry shipping business.
In 1870 he partnered with William Minchin Driscoll to form Mackenzie Driscoll in Oporto, Portugal, and sell Port wines.
After the Second World War the house was sold to the German-founded J. H. Andresen (which still trades in Oporto).
The last MacKenzie Driscoll vintage Port shipped was the 1966.
In 1970 Andresen sold Mackenzie’s to Harvey’s of Bristol. The last known Vintage Port under the Mackenzie’s name was the 1982.